Tuesday, December 4, 2012

THE CELEBRATION, MICHAEL JACKSON & THE ARTS

"The Celebration" @ Magnet, Elmont, NY 12/1/12
Hey everyone right now I'm listening to Michael Jackson sing "I just can't stop loving you"  the movie This is It is playing on VH1 and I'm at the radio station making this entry.  While President Obama is in office I am going to start my MJ National Holiday initiative (grassroots @ first get as many signatures as possible & speak to all of those representatives that we elected in office) to institute "World Performing Arts Day" in memory of the greatest entertainer that ever lived.  With proper funding this holiday can bring back music programs in schools who have already lost it, as well as keep music programs in schools who are in danger of loosing music programs.

If the political analysts feel away about giving another Black man a holiday on the calendar - "World Performing Arts Day" will work for me, after all Michael Jackson was a worldwide entertainer.  I will tell you more about this initiative during another entry.  If you are ready to sign letters in support of this just shoot me an email at iriepeggy@gmail.com or plaibhen@gmail.com

Back to the "Celebration" I did say I would post pictures as I received them.  My cousin Sam was the photographer for the night and he emailed me shots from the celebration.  To see more pics you would have to go to my Facebook page to find the album.  My hair, make-up & stylist was provided by the company "Flawless Beauty."  To have Flawless Beauty handle your event, feel free to contact me or friend the company on Facebook.

Since the movie "This is It" is airing right now I can't help myself to go back on the topic of MJ & a holiday recognizing the importance of music & the performing arts.  Music is an integral form of expression; believe it or not but music helps shape and form your actions, ways of thinking and behavior.  The message is in the music, its beats and all its tempos.  I did not have to be a music major or study music in anyway to know this.  It's just the truth.

An individual should get their roses and awards or recognition while still alive.  If they happen to pass before you acknowledge them, find ways to keep that person in your memory.  You could honor their memory with memorial services and the like but by designating a day to honor all extraordinary artists sounds good to me.  What do you think?  Feel free to inbox me or leave a comment below.

Till my next entry...

1 comment: