Monday, December 3, 2012

12/3 MADE JUST FOR ME!

Birthday Cake for the "Celebration" @ Magnet in Elmont, NY

Well thirty plus years ago I was conceived.  God said "she will arrive a few minutes after 8am on December 3rd."  He said "she will be the last of her children, she will be different, she will be multi-talented, she will be strong, she will face many adversities but will triumph over them all, she trusts in me so I will guide her through."

I heard the stories that as a newborn when I came home from Kings County Hospital I was very red in complexion looked like an Indian with a whole lot of hair.  In my toddler years I was chubby, then that all changed once I became more acquainted with the elements of the outdoors and started kindergarten.  I developed asthma, back in those days  Environmentalist really didn't go hard on the emissions of the yellow school bus.  Still living in the city today,  I am grateful for the changes that have been made in regards to our environment and unlawful emissions.  Every bit helps in reducing our carbon footprint; ozone layer madness & just cleaner air in general.

Now back to those early years.  Growing up with Asthma, I've had some really close calls gave me a new appreciation for life and how precious it is.  I also had some horrible accidents where the doctor would say the same thing "If you hadn't brought her here sooner she would have died, she lost so much blood."  Hey guys I'm still standing - it's all good!

I look at birthdays as another opportunity for self-reflection & pampering.  A birthday is special for you & your parents for they brought you into this world. Birthdays are another opportunity to celebrate the gift of life.  I can breathe, my heart is still pumping blood to every part of my body and it's my day where  I should choose to be happier, healthier & smarter.  We should always look for areas of improvement in our lives and work on them.

I will be getting dressed going to work and made plans to have dinner at my favorite restaurant with my son and close loved ones, a more private way to celebrate my special day.

Then it's back on my grind because I have a whole lot of events to promote, plan and bring into fruition.  Not to mention my back log of recordings to do.  

Yes Simply Said Media is a unique firm that specializes in Broadcast Production, Administration, Voice over production & Programming - I'm open for business email me at plaibhen@gmail.com or iriepeggy@gmail.com

My party - you should have been there - it was great - I had a blast!  Pics to follow during the next few entries okay :)  

THINGS TO LISTEN 2:  I'm now co-hosting on Red Hot Radio every Wednesday from 7pm-9pm with Bobby Channel 1!  It's Culture Jam on Red Hot Radio in Brooklyn visit www.redhotradio1.net  or if you are in the Brooklyn area tune into 102.3FM

My next entry will be soon, Black History Month is coming up I like to start early with Black History facts & spotlights, so be on the look out for them.

BUT 2DAY - I'M BASKING IN THE GLOW OF LOVE FOR LIFE & ALL IT'S BLESSINGS!  12/3 MADE JUST FOR ME!

!PEACE!




No comments:

Post a Comment