Monday, October 27, 2014

MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER, KING OF THE DANCE HALL - BEENIE MAN

LABOR DAY HOLIDAY WEEKEND WITH THE DOCTOR BEENIE MAN
Yes I am late in giving you my holiday happenings - but Thanksgiving is coming and so is Christmas, Kwanzaa and other notable holidays.  During the holiday season most folk spend their time with family, friends and loved ones.  Speaking of family - although we don't have the same Mother or Father, Beenie Man, Ras Moses, The Doctor, The King of the Dance Hall, The girls dem Suga, I can keep going with titles is like a brother to me.  I have known this musical genius for SO MANY YEARS and there is never a time where he doesn't take the time out to acknowledge, chat, catch up - etc.  

Usually during his bookings and movements to the back stage area if I am put on Artist Hospitality that day I make sure that he is well taken care of.  Hey it's part of the job, but more importantly if anyone knows me and I have you on my clipboard for artist detail - you are in good hands.  It's always a pleasure to be in his presence and company because he's simply a Real Individual where his humility and humorous spirit exudes from him first and those are great characteristics to have.

Since we are on the topic of Beenie Man and musical genius' - Beenie Man has what we call Artist longevity.  He is indeed an Entertainer full of energy who has mastered his craft.  I could never get tired of being a witness to his performances or listening to his dynamic catalog.

One year at a Kings in Action concert in Queens - I'm backstage specifically to hail him up since he's in my neck of the woods and of course we greet with a big hug & kiss.  Well a journalist was there covering the event and recording footage from all aspects of the event & his tour that year.  So the journalist looks at Beenie & myself and says "Oh my gosh is that your sister?"  Beenie and I both looked at each other and started cracking up like (yeah we all look alike).  She took so many pictures of us, I can't imagine what the caption was for whatever magazine she worked for.  

Anytime you come across an individual and you happen to "favor" by the opinions of others or even if you are in agreement; just know that it's a "tribal" thing.  We all our walking maps of our ancestral tracks, bloodlines of generations nestled into 1 vessel, that being YOU of course.  So If we favor okay, I count it all joy.  Music is Life - & Life without Music would be such a boring existence.

Yes I will be working backwards on footage, events then working ahead with great places to go for the holidays.  So while I have the energy to type away - I'll keep the stories coming.

Till my next entry...

No comments:

Post a Comment