Sunday, November 30, 2014

WHAT BUJU BANTON, BEENIE MAN & SLIM PERFECTION ALL HAVE IN COMMON

Buju's Beautiful Eyes & Spirit




Ok - ladies & gentlemen - guess what Buju Banton, Beenie Man and I all have in common?  I will give you a few moments to think about it (feel free to comment below if you like)...  Ok - there are few things let me list them for you:
1.  We all have beautiful eyes
2.  We all work in the Reggae Industry
3.  We all are Lovers of Reggae Music  (last one & most importantly)
4.  We are all born in 1973!!!!!

Let me tell you about the 70's - I am proud to be a 70's baby, there was a lot going on musically speaking during the 70's.  I know what you're thinking "flower power"  the "Peace" sign.  Maybe you're thinking about disco music - Donna Summer & Chaka Khan.  The 70's was such a nostalgic era to be in.  The music was ALIVE with bands, real music - who remembers the 8 track?  Vinyl and sitting on the floor looking at and reading album covers.  Some of the art work those days were so cooky and colorful.

Do you remember the vans on the street?  All the crazy looking artwork that was on them?  It was cool if you owned a Trans Am Car and so many other notable things about the "70's".  But when God said in July of 1973 that one of the most talented Voices of Jamaica would be born and his name shall be Mark Anthony Myrie (Buju Banton) and then God said yet another Voice of Jamaica will be born in August of 1973 and his name shall be Anthony Moses Davis (Beenie Man)  and when God said another Voice of New York emerging from Kings County will be born in December of 1973 and her name shall be Peggy Laibhen (Slim Perfection) - it was so!  By the way my new website launches this week feel free to visit www.slimperfection.nyc

Let me tell you something about 70's babies - don't sleep on us we are super multi-talented people who strive to do the right thing in life.  I'm not saying that the era as to which you were born in isn't special - but I'm not talking about your era right now - I'm talking about mine :)

So as I approach my Birthday (12/3) Week & Month the celebration begins as soon as December rolls in - I celebrate all month long!!! Every day given is another day to give thanks of course I am beyond grateful each time I wake up and see the sun shining through my bedroom curtains.  Happy to be able to see, speak, hear, write, type, text, smile, love, laugh & work.  God is awesome!  

So as long as I have breath in me - the goal is to do, to be, to help, to honor and to achieve.  Till my next entry...

Beenie Man & Slim Perfection - Irie Jamboree 2k13 @ the Barclays Center
Slim Perfection @ Henrica's Restaurant in Queens in Celebration mode for 12/3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment